Transfer Agreements Alberta

In Uncategorized 238 views

Students who pass through other higher education institutions should be aware of the requirements for the courses they wish to take. This can be done by looking at the “Training Course” section of this calendar. Students with some transfer credit status for certain courses should be aware that this does not necessarily mean that a specific course equivalency is awarded; it may indicate an equivalent level of experience in a given area. ACAT also supports other important transfer system arrangements, including: Ambrose allows Bow Valley College students to easily graduate based on Bow Valley courses that can be transferred to our programs. We also have special ways for you to use your training programs for addiction studies, child care and youth or justice studies for our level of behavioral sciences. Click here for more information. Services are always available remotely; Please email [email protected] or book an appointment via the link below. You are not automatically accepted to the post-secondary institution in which you wish to participate. You should contact the app to initiate the transmission. There is no specific transfer application – you have an application like any other student. A transfer credit or advanced position may be given for international bachelor`s (IB) or Advanced Placement (AP) courses that are taught at the high school during the students` last school year.

Students who have received IB or AP credits will be assessed individually to determine the credit they should receive. For the IB, only higher level courses rated 4, 5, 6 or 7 are qualified for evaluation. AP scores of 3, 4 or 5 qualify for evaluation. The application of the transfer credit requires the submission of official IB or AP transcripts sent directly to Ambrose University. Olds College has developed agreements with other educational institutions to allow the transition to Olds College or another institution to continue your training. These formal agreements can facilitate the transition from one educational institution to another. The agreements do not guarantee the admission of students, but indicate the number of credits transferred from one university to another. This reduces completion time and costs. This guide is not exclusive. In other words, additional courses may be transferred to partner institutions, even if an agreement is not indicated in the transfer guide. This transfer guide serves as a guarantee for each course. Please note that the final decision to grant transfer credits rests with the borrowing institution.

Host institutions often have a minimum rank for transfer credits. Students wishing to transfer should contact the Alberta Transfer Guide, which lists all training and program transfer agreements between post-secondary institutions in Alberta, Northwest Territories and Nunavut. The guide and other transfer information is available online at or by mail: Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer, Phone: 780-422-9021 or 1-800-310-0000 (free). E-mail: [email protected] Transfer options are based on articulation agreements that predetermine how courses and programs can be used in a post-secondary institution to meet admission requirements or to grant transfer credits to another institution.

No related post!